Sunday, February 26, 2012

Whew... it's been awhile

It's been so long since i've paid my poor blog any attention! It's not for lack of shooting. There's been plenty of great shoots lately that i've thought to myself "I really need to write a blog post about this one..." and then I don't. Like a big loser.

Anywho, there have been lots of great shoots lately. My christmas time was absolutely insane, I actually had to turn a lot of potential clients away, so anyone who is thinking of hiring me for their christmas pictures next year, take note! Book in early November!

I've re-upped my entire camera bag of late, investing in some big ticket items which will have a huge impact on my images. I can't wait to debut some of them! Those will be coming soon.  In the meantime, I wanted to share some pictures of sweet baby Hope and her little family.

Annie called me because she wanted some pictures of their 6mo. old baby, their dog, and their family. A real smorgasbord of a shoot. I was excited, I do love shooting babies. When I got to their South Loop home and was greeted with luscious natural light pouring in from large north facing windows, and warm hued exposed brick, I knew this would be a great shoot. They had some ideas of shots they wanted, which is always great, and the shoot ran really smoothly, with Hope being a real trooper until she fell asleep which allowed us to get some snoozy baby shots, is there anything better?

Baby Hope is SO CUTE. Her eyes are so expressive. 

Dad and Daughter.

She loves her mama. 

Shadow the pit bull. So well trained. I love the backlighting here, feels very dramatic. 

Shadow. 

Such a lover.

Sleepy Baby.

So snoozy.

Ray wanted to get this shot, I mentioned it was almost like an engagement shoot to which they replied "we never had one!" I was happy to oblige, and I think it's adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment